Casement Window handle

A contractor from Glenside, PA says:
The handle that opens and closes the retractable window is broken. The Marvin handle is 5.5 inches long. We are looking to replace the handle with a non-broken one. Please let us know if you can find the handle for one and if you can what the price would be. Thanks
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if we can match up that exact handle, though we do have some similar parts. Before we recommend anything, could you send us some photos of the operator with the handle and cover removed? Also, see if there are any names stamped on the operator itself. This information could help us identify the part.
Hi Dave,

Here's another picture with the handle and cover removed. Please let me know if you need anything further.

Thanks,
Howard
I'm sorry for the confusion, Howard. It looks like you just removed the handle. I need to see the operator itself; that is, the mechanism that physically pushes open and pulls closed the window. This picture still only shows me the outer cover. We have a couple videos you should watch that should give you an idea of what I need to see.
Hi Dave,

Attached are a few more pictures of the handle. Do these help you?

Thanks,
Howard
Perfect! Exactly what I needed to see. There are two types of operator that immediately come to mind. Start by looking at our 39-031 and 39-032, as well as our 39-155 and 39-156. Now, these two pairs may seem the same at first glance, but they differ in the size of their link arms. Please look over our measurements and let me know which pair is a closer match.
Hi Dave,

We ordered the 39-032 arm operator. I think we need the spline and set screw that the handle mounts on. What do you recommend?

Thanks
Laura
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Laura. That looks like the base from your folding handle. I'm afraid it's not available by itself. See our 39-107FK folding handle and cover kit. While it's not identical to your old contoured handle/cover combo, it serves the same function and should work for the 39-032.
Tom,
This is the handle that was on the existing window and the black piece (spline?) that was stripped. If we ordered what you recommend, would it include both pieces?

Thanks,
Laura
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
While the 39-107FK has a slightly different design, it comes with an 11/32" spline that should function the same way. You can actually see it on the 39-107FK store page, in the two alternate images when the handle is lifted up.
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Hinge Set in a Casement Window [1080p]
How to Replace a Hinge Set in a Casement Window [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.