SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Casement hinges on my windows are off

A home owner from Ringwood, NJ says:
Hi Tim,

Your recommendation for the casement operator looks like it will work, but the hinges that I have on my window are different. They look the same, but the measurements are off.

The overall length of my hinge is 8 3/8
User submitted photo of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
This hinge looks similar to our 36-013-10, though it's hard to tell without seeing it off. Can you tell me exactly how it differs? Can you also tell me which length it is you've measured? Do you mean the base track or the arm that attaches to the sash?
A quick learner from Ringwood, NJ says:
Hi Tim,

To clarify, the base track is 8 3/8" long and 3/4" wide. The arm that attaches to the bottom of the window has 3 holes total and the holes at 3/4", 2 1/2", 5 3/4" and there is no 4th hold (which in the diagram for the part 36-013-10 is listed at 7 3/16"). Just to clarify, my measurements are as close as possible, but still approximated so when I say the track width is 3/4" wide, it indeed could be 11/16th as indicated on your diagram, but the base track on my unit is certainly not 10" long, nor do the holes on the attachment arm match up to the dimensions on your diagram for 36-013-10.

Thank you,
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I have checked all around and the shortest hinge we are able to get is 10" long. Take another look at the 36-013-10 hinge pair and see if you could get it to work if you were to replace both the top and bottom. Also take a look at the related video, that may offer you more insight on how this set functions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)