SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Casement lock

A handy person from USA says:
I have tried your 38001 and 38005, neither of which fit the keepers.
I need several of these items, with left- and right-curved handles, so non-curved handles would be better.
Thanks for your help and guidance,
User submitted photos of a window latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! I'm not sure if we have a better lock. Could I see the keeper in question? That would give us a better idea of what would work instead of our 38-001 and 38-005.
A home owner from hickory, nc says:
Re: your 1/28/13 reqquest for more pics of the window latch keeper, pics are attached. Gap is approx. 1/4".
A customer submitted image of their casement window keeper.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience! We are currently working on a possible replacement lock and will post here again as soon as it is online and available to purchase.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Okay, please see our new 38-165 or our new 38-166. We believe these are very close to your original lock. Check them out and let me know what you think.
A purchasing agent from hickory, nc says:
I think you found it! The 38-165 & 38-166 look like they will work. I'll order 2 of each of them. Maybe "third time's a charm"!

Thanks for your help,
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)