SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Casement lock

A handy person from Phoenix, Arizona says:
Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.

Attached is a picture, my old lock is on the left, the new 38-138 I bought from you guys is on the right.

My only concern is length of fork. All the other dimensions seem to be the same. Any advice please?

Thank you

Mike
User submitted a photo of a window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Mike. You could consider our 38-139 or 38-095, both of which have longer forks than the 38-138. You should compare the dimensions of these two parts to your own first, though, to confirm which is a better match.
A handy person from Phoenix says:
Tom,

If I look at your 38-095 on your website, the distance noted on your picture of 1 5/8" and 4 5/8"
compares to my old lock of 1 7/16" and and 3 7/8".

I think the 095 is going to be too big.

Is it the 139 then that I need???

138 fork to small, and 095 seems to long in lenghth. Your help is appreciated.

Mike
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Based on your dimensions, the 38-139 seems to be the closest match. The measurement from the tip of the fork to under the base lip is 1-1/2", which isn't quite 1-7/16". Can you confirm your measurement?
A handy person from Phoenix says:
Thanks again Tom,

I'm going to try the 138's I ordered from you guys last week. If they don't work (don't think they will) I will return and order the 139s..

Windows are located 3 hours away from me in summer home so I will know more after this weekend trip up there. I will follow up and let you know next week.

Thanks for all your help.

Mike
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)