SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Casement operator needs "c" clip

A quick learner from Cedar Rapid, Iowa says:
I need to replace 2 Traco (company out of business) casement operators and your "Maxim Dual Arm Operator, Sill Mounted 39-253L & 39-253R" appear to be the proper type. I removed one operator and compared it to your website's product dimensions and they look the same or at least very similar.

However, during my removal, I dropped/lost a "C-Clip" (which is about 1/4 inch in diameter and about 1/32nd of an inch thick). This clip holds the casement's shorter arm to the snap-stud bracket that is on the bottom of the window.

Can I purchase a few (5 to 6) of these C-Clips (in case I get clumsy again), or do I have to also purchase your "Truth Snap-Stud Bracket (39-545 & 39-546)"? Your website picture appears to show the "C-Clip" mounted on the bracket stud.

Finally, the longest arm on my operator has a hardware track slider. This does not appear easily removable. If it must be pried off, I suspect it will fail. I see that you have a "Truth Hardware Track Slider, 39-529". This looks, again like the correct part. The question is: how do I install this? Is it pressed/clamped on (such as with a vice grip) or hammered on or some other technique?

Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I'm a little confused. The 39-253L and 39-253R actually don't use a detach clip. Are you sure these are what you have? If you still have your old hardware handy, I'd like to see a picture of one of the original operators. We may be able to find something better.
It's been awhile since I heard from any one. What is the status of your review?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. We actually still need to see pictures of your operators, like Dave requested. Once we have that information we can continue our research.
Attached are 5 "PDF" files showing parts in question:

Snap Ring #1
Snap Ring #2
Snap Ring #3

Window Crank #1
Window Crank #2

Since this submission form only allows 5 files at one time, I will send one more file showing complete picture with my measurements - Window Crank #3.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Since there was a question regarding my replacement, as in the description plus measurements, I have sent a file with the complete picture AND my measurements:

Window Crank #3
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I've received your pictures and see what you're talking about. That black plastic part if the 39-529 Track Slider which snaps onto the stud at the end of the operator long arm. As for that C-Clip you mention, it cannot be replaced. It is factory pressed into the 39-546 sash bracket. You would need to purchase the complete bracket.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)