SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Casement replacement

A home owner from Delaware says:
I was told I needed your parts 39-171 and 172 to replace my casement window handles. However, these parts do not appear to match the attached picture. Mine has 2 bars while these only appear to have one. There is a part number 30905 on the bar. Please let me know what parts if any you have to replace my type of rusting casement handle. Thanks Bill
User submitted ima ge of operator
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon, Bill.

The Swisco 39-171 and 39-172 Dyad Operator looks to be a good match, however you will need a 2-Bar Hinge Set along with the operators. That's the second part you see in the image, connecting to the window.
A home owner from Delaware says:
Thanks but the part you mention is listed as 10 inches. The part I probably need is about four inches long. Is that the little piece in the picture. If so, can that part be ordered by itself?
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Take a look at the picture I created. The new picture shows your picture with the two replacement parts you will need highlighted in two different colors.
User image with the replacement parts highlighted.
The red highlighted part is the window hinge. I believe this is the part you are referring to as about 4". Take a look under the window sash you will see the rest of the hinge hidden underneath the sash. The 36-013-10 hinge is fastened together during manufacturing and is not sold in pieces.

The green highlighted part is the window operator. This part is what you use the crank the window open or close. Your operator looks to be a very good match with the replacement right hand operator 39-172.

Respond back to this discussion if you have any further questions.
A distributor from Delaware says:
I think this is correct also from looking at the pictures
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)