SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Casement window hardware

A home owner from Yardley, PA/ Seaside Park, NJ says:
I need replacement hardware for two different casement windows, this is a seashore application and I want hardware that will stand up to salt air conditions. Hardware that has failed is severely rusty, windows are white vinyl clad wood windows.
1. Bay window, no brand name, but hardware is Truth Brand. L anr R casements that flank a fixed panel, each window is @24x55'.30752-B is stamped on the bottom track. Window lock handle (1) latches onto long piece on side of window jamb. Window opening mechanism folds an has a pivot, section that attaches to window is about 5".

2. Anderson window, left and right windows, each about 24x55. For each window: 2 locks, window hardware is single,straight arm, CX4-CX5 stamped on hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting.

Sorry, we cannot cross-reference those numbers. Please upload photos (with measurements) of the parts you're trying to replace so we can take a look.
A home owner from Yardley, PA/Seaside Park ,NJ says:
Follow up to Dave @ Swisco:

Dave, do you have an email address I can sent photos to, I am not able to attach them to this.
Thanks, Ted
User submitted photos of their Andersen window operator, window crank, hinge and track.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for taking the time to submit the photos to us.

Starting with the Truth hardware (shown above), I can make a few recommendations.

Begin by taking a look at the 39-371 & the 39-172 Operators.

As for the locks, take a look at the 38-058L reft handle and the 38-058R right handle, as well as the 39-099 and 38-099 and 38-100.

On the Andersen parts (shown on the lower half), look at the 39-094 & 39-095 Operators, as well as the 39-146 and 39-147 Operators. Also, look at the 38-056 and 38-057 locks.

If you have to replace the hinges, we do offer a 36-013-10 Hinge Replacement Set.

Being that you are in a corrosion-type area, I would suggest spraying the operators with a silicone-bazed spray to help prevent the corrosion.

The operators do have a type of coating on them, but the salt water corrosion is very hard to stop.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)