SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Casement window hinge replacement

A quick learner from USA says:
Just watched your how to video on u-tube about casement window hinge replacement
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
This hinge looks like our 36-021HD, which is a heavy duty hinge. Carefully look it over to confirm that it will match.
A home owner from Portland Or says:
I looked over the suggested replacement and it looks much different than the one I am trying to replace and am sure it would not fit. The old one has 3 bars total including a small 1" one that has come detached from the window. If you blow up the photo you will see it in the bottom left of the track. Please review to see if there might be a better fit in your inventory. Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Are you sure the 36-021HD won't fit? Keep in mind you likely have a fourth bar hidden under the sash. The 1" bar you mention probably links the exposed arm to this hidden arm. The 36-021HD has that small arm, too, which serves this purpose. Please review our photo to see what I mean. You might want to remove your hinge from the window to get a better look at it. I also recommend comparing our dimensions to yours.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)