SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Casement window locking handle

A home owner from USA says:
I replaced my kitchen window with a three section casement window about 8 yrs ago. The crank handles have since been replaced with your 39-224 fold down crank handles. Now I need to replace the locking handle. Please see pictures of my casement locks that broke and need to be replaced. From looking at your options on line it looks like 38-095 may work but on my current lock the handle pulls down to the left side of lock (see photo please) where on 38-095 the handle pulls down on right side. Please advise
User submitted photos of a window latch.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Hi, If you used the 39-224 to successfully replace your crank handles, the 38-139 may be the lock you are looking for. Take a look and carefully compare the dimensions. Let us know what you think.
A quick learner from Monsey, NY says:
Thank you so much for your help. It may work. I will try to get better dimensions, but I'm wondering about something else. If the dimensions are ok, does it matter that the lever going up and down was on the left side on my previous lock and on 38-139 it's on the right side?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It might, depending on the frame, but you should be able to flip the lock around.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)