SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Casement window operator

A handy person from Redondo Beach, CA says:
Hi Susan,

As we discussed, here is a photo the male portion of my casement window. It is spline 5/16". Unfortunately, my camera cannot take a clear photo of the female portion of the crank itself. But it is also spline'd.

Will your 39-224 or 39-205 work?

Thanks for the help!

Mike
A customer submitted image of their operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Mike, thanks for posting. I think our 39-205 might be a better match, since our 39-224 is meant for an operator with a hex-style bore, which yours does not have.

As for the operator, I'm not quite sure what you will need without seeing the rest of it. Could I see a few pictures of the arms? That would help me find a good match.
A quick learner from Redondo Beach says:
The arms are Entry Guard by Truth

The number embossed on the upper arm: 20810
The number embossed on the middle arm: 31538
The number embossed on the lower arm: 30744
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Perfect, just what we needed to see. Check out our 39-031 & 39-032 and see how these compare to your hardware.
A quick learner from Redondo Beach says:
In your opinion Tom, will the folding crank handle 39-205 fit/work on the 5/16" spline?
Profile picture of Tom
Our 39-205 is meant for an 11/32" spline, which is very close to 5/16". Are you sure that's not the size, instead?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)