SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Casement window operator

A home owner from Waverly Twp., PA (near Scranton) says:
I need the screw part of the crank for a casement window. The window is on the right from inside, but there is an L on the right arm of the mechanism. I can crank the window open, but when I crank it to close, it stops an inch or two short of fully closed. The last thread of the crank screw is worn down because the window isn't aligned properly, I suppose. Can I just replace the screw cartridge, or do I have to get the whole operator? I'll be leaving here at 10 AM tomorrow, and won't be back until late afternoon. I will be here pretty much all day Fri. I will supply pictures, ser. #s, and measurements if needed.

Thanks,
Tom
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Tom. Thanks for the clear picture, that is a big help. I'm afraid the worm gear cannot be repair or replaced once it comes out. You will need a new operator. Consider our 39-031 as a replacement option, though.
A quick learner from Waverly Twp., PA says:

Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

You don't need measurements, or anything?

Tom S
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We list detailed measurements for this part on the 39-031. I highly recommend going through them and seeing how well they compare to yours. If they differ, let me know how and we can work from there.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)