SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Casement window operator handle(s)

A home owner from Providence Forge, VA says:
Hello, the attached images show my casement window handles. The windows are SuperSeal (which has been taken over by Sierra Pacific) and they don't make/use/have this type of handle anymore. The handle is approx. 4" long, and the male rod (bolt? insert?) is 1/2" long. I have 5 handles that have stripped to the point they pop right out when you operate them (open or,close the window).
Do you have replacements?
Thanks,

David
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
This type of handle is notorious for popping out of the operator. The reason that this happens is because the black plastic collar in the operator body wears out over time and with usage.

Let's talk about your options. I believe your handle is a match for our 39-226, but the issue is the operator, not the handle. There are two options. If you want to keep the hardware you have now, you could you could try securing the handle by using a little masking tape on the handle stud or using a type of adhesive to secure it in place. That way you can still use the operators until they go bad.

If you just want to start with a clean slate with modern hardware, I recommend replacing the complete operator with the newer style 39-342, along with the 39-114L or 39-205 handles. Let me know what you think.
A home owner from Providence Forge, va says:
Thanks Dave, I think I will try the masking tape first.....and eventually exercise my option for new hardware.

Dave
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Sounds good to me! Let me know how it works out, or if you have any other questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)