SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Casement window parts

A home owner from Holland says:
I need two right hand and one left hand replacements. Also one nine inch bent bar like in the fourth picture. looking at your replacement for wright split arm operator. 39-317 will this part work?

Thanks,
Joan
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Joan. I'm not sure about the bent link arm, but because the 39-317 has the link arm attached to the bottom of the main arm it could line up with yours. Unfortunately, Wright made a few different versions of these operators then discontinued the line almost as soon as it was out, so it's hard to say.

The lock closely resembles our the 38-090. Finally, for the hinge, I would suggest considering our 36-013-10 and replace both the top and bottom hinge on your window. What do you think of these suggestions?
A home owner from Holland says:
Hi, looking at your replacement for wright split arm operator. 39-317 did this part work? I need two right hand and one left hand replacements. Also one nine inch bent bar like in the fourth picture. We repaired the bottom bar so I think we are good. So I am looking at 39-317 and 39-318 operators. I have two windows that open to the left and one that opens to the right. Which operators do I need for this?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I see what you mean when you mention the bent arm of the operator. You might have to reuse the existing link arm from you old operator and install it on the new one using the 62-014 rivet. As for what's left and what's right, your best bet is to remove the ones from the window and physically match up which operator you need to our pictures. Every company defines "left" and "right" differently and this is the easiest way to get around that.
A home owner says:
Hi,
We repaired the bottom bar so I think we are good. So I am looking at 39-317 and 39-318 operators. I have two windows that open to the left and one that opens to the right. Which operators do I need for this?
Thanks, Joan
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the clear pictures! Seeing the entire operator removed is a huge help. I actually don't know if our 39-317 or 39-318 will work for you. Yours look different. Our 39-387 and 39-388 look closer, though these do not have offset link arms either. Like Dave mentioned, you may need to swap out the new link arms with the old ones.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)