SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Casement window with no hardware

A quick learner from Mississippi says:
I have a pair of 28"w x 72"h replacement casement windows that have no hardware. (Still in the box.) The windows are by Jeld-Wen, and described on the label as Tradition Plus Clad Casement, sash only, CONCEALED HARDWARE. One says hinge right, the other says hinge left. There are pre-drilled holes for the tracks on the interior wood of each window (2", 3 1/2", 6 1/2", 11 1/4", and 16") and pre-drilled holes in the wooden hinge channels at the top and bottom of each (2 1/2" and 5"). I assume the pre-drilled holes won't match new hinges; but, I included those measurements in case they were helpful. There are also 3 slits along one side of the interior wood of the sash, presumably for the locking mechanisms. I am building the frames to hold the sashes, so I have considerable flexibility configuring those to accommodate hardware.

At this point, the only guidance I can find from the Truth technical documents is that I need a dual-arm operator. Other than that, I see no information on what size hinges, operators, and tracks would be best for this size window. They are being installed in a barn, so I definitely do not need anything fancy. Any help is appreciated.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Wow, you have given your self quite the job. Without original hardware to use as a reference, it will be exceptionally difficult for us to make a recommendation. All of our parts are specifically designed to work to replace previously existing parts. That said, I've made a list of parts you may want to consider. You can see it on the right side of this page. I cannot guarantee any of these parts will work, but these are somewhat common for Truth windows and may be the best place to start.
A quick learner from Purvis, MS says:
Thank you so much. I had hoped the manufacturer would be able to provide information on which hardware the windows were designed to use since all of the labels were intact. Unfortunately, they will not answer any questions once the warranty has expired. Your detailed list is exactly what I needed to get started. (BTW, your videos are fantastic. I used them to repair and install a few other very old, beat up casement windows I salvaged for my barn. I had never even seen a casement style window before in my life; but, your videos made the entire process so simple!)
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for the feedback! I wish we could make it easier, but I hope at least we put you on the right track. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)