Casement windows

A home owner from Illinois says:
I have original (1949) casement windows throughout my home. They all have the crank openers that look like the picture I've attached. I think 39-268 will do the trick, but does that come with the piece that attaches to the window... the "guide"? Obviously I'm a total rookie with this sort of thing
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! The 39-268 does appear to serve the same function. It works a little differently than yours, though. It doesn't have the same guide, or track, that I see screwed to the face of your window sash. Rather, the 39-268 has a stationary bracket that screws to the face of the sash. When you crank it, the bracket slides along the arm of the 39-268 itself.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 39-268 wood window crank operator
How to install the 39-268 wood window crank operator
GUIDE
READ >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.