Cats claws

A home owner from Sharon, VT says:
Will the 43-048 paw proof screen stand up to cats claws as well?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
One of my coworkers has the 43-048 Paw Proof screen mesh installed in his back storm door. He has a cat and a 90 lb pitbull that scratch at the door often. He reports that the Paw Proof screen mesh has handled their abuse.
A home owner from New Jersey says:
This paw proof screen is amazing. I used it on a large porch 5 years ago and haven't had a problem even with 4 cats.

I also found that it is easier to install that aluminum screen. Because it has a tiny bit of stretch it is easier to get the tension right without bowing my large screen frames. Even after 5 years, every one of the 12 panels are still tight.

I find that the thicker mesh doesn't effect the amount of light that gets into the porch, but it does make it harder to see into the porch which improves privacy.
A home owner from New Jersey says:
A followup to my Sept 2013 comments about Paw Proof screen...

I am absolutely amazed with the durability of this screening. It has been almost 11 years since I have installed it and every panel is still tight and looks perfect.

Well worth the extra cost.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello again, after all these years! I wasn't even working here when you placed your order (and I've been here for almost a decade), but I'm very happy to hear that the our Paw Proof screen is still working. Thank you so much for coming back to us even after all this time for the update, it means a lot to us.

If you ever need anything else, please let us know and we will do our best to help!

How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
How to Re-screen an Andersen Window Screen [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.