SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

"Centered" sliding glass door track

A professional from washington dc says:
why you do not have "centered" replacement track rail, your 80-105 and 80-106 are both off-centered, I need one that is 3/4 inch wide, with 1/4 inch raised rail of 1/4 inch high, where can such rail track be found?
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
The reason out 80-105 and 80-106 Sliding Glass Door Tracks are off-center is to give you more room to install the installation screws. At this time these are the only replacement tracks we have.
A quick learner says:
the one that I need is equal spaced, at about 1/4" for space-rail-space, this track does not seem to have any screws and is sitting on a wood block of the width, 3/4", with a "trench" in the middle and the track seems to have been pressed in, where can such a track be found, and how does one find out who made the sliding door, can not see any marking on the door anywhere? thanks
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Please see if you can find an Architectural Testing sticker up in the top track or side track. I might be able to identify it for you with that information.
A quick learner says:
the full width of the track base is 15/16, can you give the width in 2 measurements, as from left and right of the rolling track, what is the thickness of the track base?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The thickness of the track base is 1/16". The measurements to the left and right of the rolling track can be seen in this diagram.
Alternate view of the <a href=
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)