SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Certain Teed Replacement Parts Needed

A home owner from Metamora, IL says:
I have 2 of the H8638MXX per window (1st pic) plus a pivot shoe (2nd pic) per window...

I pulled them all because my window sash will not stay up and it looked as though the coil was damaged on the left side and the coil and pivot shoe on the right...something we did not know when we purchased the home.

So I will need replacements for all of these pieces (6)

I am unsure which coil balances we need because I am not seeing any markings on them except for the MXX plastic piece housing each of the springs which I also need since I had to break them to pull them out of the window.

The pivot shoes have a marking on them listed as LA 06 500 on one metal piece and SA 406 500 on the metal piece below it, while the plastic piece has a 10 on one side and A1-87598 on the other side.

Can you help me find what I need and price it out for me and let me know how long it takes to ship these as well as instructions on replacing back into the window?

Thank you so much.
- Kevin
User submitted photos of a coil balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Kevin. This looks like a pretty typical Certain Teed setup. Here are some parts that may interest you: our 15-155 pivot shoe, 15-156 coil spring housing, 15-157 coil spring bushing, and Series 170 coil springs. Review this hardware and let me know what you think!
A home owner from Metamora, IL says:
This looks about right...

I'm assuming I need the 406 coils and because there were 2 in each window I would need 4 of those and 4 of the housing and bushings too correct? And then 2 pivot shoes?

My other question is how do I put this together in the window?

Pivot shoe in and slide down and then bushing, coil, cover?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure where you're getting 406 from. These numbers are not based on the quantity of springs in your window but rather on the strength and length of the spring itself. There should be a stamp on your original coils you can use to cross reference.

As for installation, it's fairly simple. See the video below for general instructions. The coil balance system featured in the video is different, but the principle is the same.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)