SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Certain teed window parts

A quick learner from Portland, maine says:
The Pivot shoe I ordered (15-192) didn't fit , I had to file down both sides to make it fit in the track,but it works. the problem I'm having is the cam in the new pivot shoe has a slot that's to big for the Pivot Bar on the window. My cam was plastic and has a very small slot in it. the pivot bar is about 1/4 wide. this is what I need,Please see enclosed pictures Thanks Bob
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Bob. I'm actually not sure why your pivot bar doesn't turn the metal cam. I used the same parts here in the warehouse and it worked fine. Would you be able to swap out the cams? You could probably get the old cam onto the new shoe.

As for the new shoe not fitting well, you may have wanted the 15-155 instead. This old style doesn't have that nub on the face, which may have been what caused you problems. I find that is usually the culprit in these situations.
A home owner from Portland, Me says:
I don't have the old cams, I need 2 of them, the pivot bar is so small it doesn't turn the metal cam and the window doesn't want to slide up or down unless I really force it!
Plus when the window is up it doesn't fit tight against the other window, the pivot bar is so small it wiggles back and forth within the cam, it's not keeping it centered !
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Certainteed uses the 26-175 pivot bar on their modern windows, but I am not sure if they will work on your old sash. Look them over and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)