SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

CertainTeed Awning Window

A handy person from North Carolina says:
I have leaky CertainTeed awning-style windows when the wind blows strongly. The strike? plates at the top of my windows have rusted/crumbled due to ocean air (see picture). As a result, I think, I've noticed that the seal is not tight along the top-middle edges (both inside and outside) of this awning style window. I also think that the bulb-style weather stripping, which fits into a slot, could use replacement.

The windows measure, on the internal seal, ~19.5'' W x 15.5'' H, and on the external seal, ~22.5'' W x 18.5'' H (see picture).

I've tried (unsuccessfully) to replace the weather stripping with adhesive weather stripping. I still get leaks from the top middle of the window.

The dimensions on the internal weather stripping is 3/16 slot with 3/16 bulb.

The dimensions on the external weather stripping is 3/16 slot with 5/16 bulb.

(see pictures)

Please suggest parts for my job and advise how to stop the leaks.

Thanks, Steve
A customer submitted photo of a window keeper and weatherseal.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Steve. For your internal and external weatherstripping, please take a look at our 58-135, bubble-seal, respectively. Do you think this may work for you?

We are still researching a possible replacement for the strike plate. If at all possible, could you please supply its dimensions?
A handy person from North Carolina says:

Thanks for the legwork. Yes, those weather stripping parts look perfect.

The strike plate (don't know if that's what you call it) has the following dimensions.

1.5" D
2.5" Outer W
1.5" Inner opening W
7/8" H

The inner opening appears to be there to accommodate a plastic guide block that sits on the underside of the top of the window casing.

Thanks, Steve
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, we have been unable to identify this strike plate. You may want to contact a local hardware store. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)