SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Certaineed Window Parts

A quick learner from Michigan says:
I have the old style Pivot bar that you are replacing with the 26-175 pair. I believe that I need to also change the show to your 15-192. Hope that is correct. AKSO need is the Slide Latch but mine seem to be sealed into the frame (a picture is attached) and wonder if there is a way to replace that as well?
A customer submitted photo of a thumb latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Please take a look at our 26-317 CertainTeed Top Tilt Latch Pair. Are these what you're looking for? Please make sure to compare their dimensions to your original hardware.
A quick learner from Michigan says:
Please re-read the first two lines... It is a question.

Also, As I wrote in the above listed e-mail, my slides look to be sealed with-in the frame, now screwed on so I need a way to replace them. any suggestion here ? Does the frame open some how? If so please advise as to how I do that.

Thanks again.

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Unfortunately, we're a bit unsure as to what you're asking with your first question. Do you wish us to confirm what pivot bar you have? If so, we need to see a few pictures of it before we can identify it.

As for removing the frame, I'm not quite sure exactly what window you have, but upon further investigation they may be welded, which means you would not be able to take it apart. That said, you should check with a local glass shop or professional to see if there's anything they may be able to help you with.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)