SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Certainteed Window Latch

A home owner from California says:
Hi, I am looking to get several of the latches shown in the photos. Except for the name, there are no real identifying numbers. Hole spacing is 2 1/8" and the offset is 11/16". No springs or other fancy mechanisms-just the latch. Mates to the keeper shown. Can you find a replacement?
User submitted photos of a window latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! This lock appears similar to the lock contained in our 90-246 Window Lock & Keeper kit. Please compare dimensions and let me know if you agree!
A home owner from California says:
Hi Paul, thanks for the quick response. The 90-246 is certainly close, although the offset is 3/4" instead of 11/16". If there is no camming, it might work. Do you have something with 11/28" offset?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid that we do not have any locks in this style with that sized offset. Are you sure that a 3/4" offset won't work? It's not that far off from 11/16". I'd double check just to make sure.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)