SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Certainteed Window Plugs

A home owner says:
I have a CertainTeed bay window that is about 12 years old. It consists of 4 window panels joined together. The joining screws are covered with small plastic plugs that are about 7/16 inch across and plug an opening about 3/8 of an inch.

My two 10 month old puppies decided it would be fun to pull several of those plugs out and destroy them. I did not find any that were removed and do not want to take one out to determine the length of the plug because it might not stay when reused. I have not been able to find anything that would work locally and would like to get about a dozen. I hope you have received the photo.
A customer submitted image of their window plug.
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. Take a look at our 33-250 snap-on hole cover and see if this could be something you can use. You may have to widen the hole a little to accommodate it, though.
A quick learner from Sharpsville, PA says:
I have the same problem. My windows are not white. They are an almond color. The plugs just fall out--no puppies involved. :-)

I have looked everywhere for replacement plugs but to no avail. Are these plugs available in other colors? The plugs in my windows are also 7/16" in diameter.

Thanks for your help!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us! I'm afraid we do not have this plug in alternate colors, but it could be painted.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)