SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Certainteed casement screws don't fit

A quick learner from Pennsylvania says:
I have a casement window where the screws have come out of the hardware piece that attaches to the window to open and close it. The screws will no longer screw back into the bracket that attaches to the window, they have stripped the hole where they attach to the window. I wanted to find out if there is a way to fix this. Perhaps larger screws, or is there another option.
The 33-097 is not fat enough to grab.
I have attached a zip file with the photos of the screws and the window hardware where the screws should hold the bracket in place that opens and closes the window. The holes on the window are now too big for the screws to hold.
User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
This is a problem I often see with hollow vinyl windows. One idea I've had is to use something like a plastic wall anchor or a small molly bolt. That should help secure the screw. Also check a local hardware store and see what they recommend.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)