SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Certainteed casement window cranking mechaniam needs replacement

A quick learner from Bear, DE says:
Hi, there. So glad to find your website! We have Certainteed casement windows. In three separate windows, the cranking mechanism does not bring the window all the way closed such that it can be locked. I'm thinking that the gears on the teeth are stripped. The stickers on the windows are so faded that it's difficult to make out the information. Here are the dimensions and information on the windows:

Window 1: tan color, 31" wide by 40" tall
sticker says: CR SASH2 00380735 10/02/01 THERMAL (cannot read anything else)

Window 2: tan color, 31" wide by 35" tall
sticker says: CL SASH1 00380735 10/02/01 PAIR THERMAL 34.69 38.88

Window 3: tan color, 31" wide by 35" tall, also need 2 screws to re-attach the lock (see picture)
no sticker

I've attached some pictures, and it looks like the teeth are worn. If you can give any feedback on what you think the problem is, and what items I need to order, I would be very grateful.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning! I can't quite tell exactly what your operator is without being able to see the whole thing. However, check out our 39-253R & 39-253L. Could these be a possible match? Carefully compare them to your existing hardware and let me know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)