SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Certainteed coil balance

A home owner from Illinois says:
Hello,
My certainteed window coil balance has broke and I need some help figuring out which coil balance I need to order. When I went to take the old coil balance out I found that there are two coils on either side of the sash. The numbers stamped on the side I took off are SA 406 500 and LA 406 500. The coils are 1/2" wide. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jonathon
User submitted picture of coil balance hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Jonathon. If at all possible, can we see more pictures of your housing?
A quick learner from Illinois says:
Hi Tom. Here is a side and rear view picture of the coil housing.

Thank you.
A customer submitted photo of their coil balance housing.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. We are still researching possible replacements for this housing. However, to help us in our search, could you please give me the dimensions of the plastic housing? Please make sure to include the height and width, as well as the diameter of the drum itself.
A quick learner from illinois says:
The dimensions of the plaastic housing are: 1.50"long x1.25"wide x1"deep. The drum diameter is 1.25". Hopefully this helps. Thank you.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for the dimensions. However, the drum diameter you mention appears to be for just the retaining cap on the end. The drum dimension I need is beneath that; alternatively, we could use the inside diameter of your coil.
A quick learner from illinois says:
The drum diameter is 3/4".
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for your continued patience in this matter. We are still researching a possible replacement cover. I will let you know if at any point I receive new information.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)