SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Certainteed (seal between window frames)

A home owner from Chicopee, MA says:
Hello SWISCO,

I am looking for this seal that mounts in the top lower frame and kisses against the backside of the bottom window frame when closed. Wondering if you guys have anything similar?

Thanks,
TJ
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
It's tough to say what cold work. Do you have an original sample handy? I'd like to see a clear picture of its shape. That would help us find a match. Many Certainteed windows used our 58-171, but I'm not sure if this is what you have. At the very least, you can look over our picture and measurements to get a sense of what kind of information we need to identify a match.
A home owner from Chicopee, MA says:
Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I do have a live sample if you should need me to send it out to you. The "T" width is 3/8" and the width of the seal (if bent flap is straighted out) is 1/2".

See better pic attached;
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hmmm... I'm having trouble finding anything with a 3/8" "T." That is pretty wide. Could it be 3/16"? That is a more common measurement for this kind of seal. If so, you may be able to use our 59-050, 58-171, and 58-185.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)