SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Certainteed spare parts

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello
I need your help. I have 9-10 Certainteed Windows. We Love em they have worked great for years. I have one that is the most often opened and closed that has fallen on tough times.
I have included 3 pictures of what I see as the issues.
One photo is a tab that sticks out on the bottom of the window and is supposed to fit into the other photo. The screw is not tightening up so that needs to be fixed Do you have a replacement kit for this repair?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I think we can help. The hardware you have is relatively common, if a little old. We do not sell complete kits, but we do sell the individual components. One thing I like about this kind of system is that you only need to replace what's broken.

First, could you tell me exactly what issue the window is having? Is it drooping after you open it, or is it just simply harder to open and close? If it's drooping, then the balance springs are likely worn and need replacing. If it's harder to operate in general, lubricating with a silicone spray might fix things.

For the specific hardware I see in your pictures, see our 15-155 pivot shoe, Series 170 and Series 171 coil springs, 15-156 spring housing, 15-157 drum, 33-072 screw, and finally our 26-175 pivot bars. I know the pivot bars do not look like your originals, but this is the replacement CertainTeed made to replace your older style. It should still work in your old pivot shoe.

As for the screw not tightening, that might be more an issue with the hole in the sash than the pivot bar itself. Or, hopefully, just the screw. That would make life easier.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)