SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Certainteed window lock 45220

A landlord from portland maine says:
I am having difficulty finding replacement lock hardware for my certainteed widows, the part # is 45220. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Best, Michael
User submitted picture of Certainteed window part.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for your patience in this matter. Unfortunately, we don't have this exact lock and keeper. However, please take a look at our 90-161 White Window Lock and Keeper and compare their dimensions to your hardware. Do you think this might work for you? Please let me know.
A landlord from Portland Maine says:
Tom, I think the 90-161 window locks will work for my windows with a little modification.
Thanks for your help. Best, Michael
Profile picture of Tom
I'm glad we could be of help!
A handy person from Potomac MD says:

Dear Sirs,

I need 51 replacement locks/keepers for a home I've recently purchased. The double hung windows have locks labeled "Certainteed" with the number 40381 engraved on the back. The distance between screws is either 2" or 2 1/16". The screws securing the lock are 1.5" deep, and those securing the keeper are .75" deep. I can send you a set that I removed. As I need so many, I'd prefer not to make a mistake. I'm guessing I need either your 90-161 or your 90-080. I followed the threads concerning these locks, but I'm not sure any of your customers ever verified which worked.

A user submited photo of window lock
Profile picture of Tom
Good morning, and thank you for posting. I have placed you into an existing thread concerning this lock. As you can read above, we don't have an exact match, but we have recommended our 90-161 as a possible substitute. As yet, we have heard no confirmation that it works, but please take a look and see what you think.
A home owner from Wilmington, DE says:
I need to purchase two sets of window latchs. The upper window was replaced years ago but i threw out the old rear latch part.
User submitted photos of a window latch.
Profile picture of Tom
Good afternoon! I've just placed your question into this thread regarding the very same lock. As you can see, while we don't have an exact replacement, our 90-161 is the closest match that we have. Do you think you can get that to work?
A quick learner from Wilmington, DE says:
This will work, thank you
A quick learner from ohio says:
just wanted to let you know the item # 90-161 was a good replacement for item # 40381. Did not have to do any adjustments to the new lock. I just had to install it and it worked perfectly.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)