Cetainteed casement window lock handle has snapped

A home owner from Melbourne, Australia says:
Hi,

One day, the handle pictured decided to snap while I was trying to lift to unlock the window. Fortunately (Or unfortunately) the left part inside keeps the door secured but it also mean unless I remove this part somehow through pictured narrow access, I will never get the window to open again. (It was very surprising to find such load bearing part to be so thin)

Does anyone even recognize this part and is there a compatible part sold here you can recommend? The gap which the lock was attached to measures just 3cm (1.18 inch). The locking handle measures about 11cm (4.33 inch).

This uPVC casement window was installed 5 years ago by Certainteed in Australia (Melbourne) who have since become out of reach and decided not to return any message I left on their voice mail.

Anyhow, I initially contacted new local uPVC window installers and no one is keen to help with a part enquiry as they just want to install new windows for big business and I came across your website.

I am hoping I can get some guidance

1) on pulling out the part of the lock that is left inside to unlock the door and 2) get access to detach the lock mechanism from the inside hopefully and also hopefully find compatible or exact replacement and install it to get the window working again.

Thank you for your help in advance.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what this might be. Your style is fairly unique. You would need to get your window open to see how your lock is mounted to the window, and how it operates to lock it. To open your window, try manually throwing the broken handle up with a screw driver. That often does the trick.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.