Champion Window Lock

A handy person from NYC says:
I need to replace the sweep lock for a Champion window. The attached pictures tell most of the story. The screw holes are 2-1/4" apart. The height of the portion that goes into the upper window measures 3/16" at its highest point, but frankly it is hard to get it to go all the way into the window.

I think I need one of these parts: 90-005 or 90-009. I'd prefer something that comes in bronze or black, if it's available. Thanks for your help.
User submitted photos of a window lock.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I think you might be better off with our 90-072. Carefully compare the dimensions we show to your own hardware and see how they match up.
A handy person from New York says:
The lock you referred me to is white and the windows are a bronze color. Is there an option in black or brown you could suggest? The one you recommended is only available in white.
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Our 90-072 is not available in bronze, so the 90-005 may be a better option after all. I think as long as your screw hole center distance is 2-1/4", you should be okay. The tongue for the 90-005 is also the same style as the 90-072, which is the major difference from the 90-009.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.