SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Champion Window Spiral Balance 3/8'' Diameter x 29'' Rod w/ Red Bushing

A quick learner from Austin, TX says:
I have the exact same champion window spiral balance as a previous post, and copied the included picture.

Rod length = 29''
Tip Color = Red
Sash Carrier Bracket = 15-073
Spiral hole separation = 1/4'' center to center
Spiral extends beyond the rod 2.5''

I can't find spiral balances that include the extended spiral. From the pictures it looks like the spiral protrudes < 1'' on most balances.

Ideally, I would like to buy the balance with the carrier already attached, but I'm not sure if I can install it this way. Please let me know if you have a product that will work.

Thank you,
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
We can custom make a S300-29 spiral balance with a 15-073 shoe, but the extension is 2", not 2.5". When measuring for the extension, make sure the spiral is flush to the screw hole.

If this looks good, just let me know how many you need.
Thanks Paul. When I measure the distance from the end of the rod to the end of the spiral I get 2.5 inches. The bushing is missing completely. Maybe I should be measuring from the end of the bushing. If so, then the extension is likely 2'' like you suggested.

I need 24 balancers for 12 windows. It may be a good idea to send 2 to be sure they fit before making all 24. The part I'm not 100% sure about is the bushing color. I found a part of one bushing covered in grease. When I cleaned it off it looks redish orange. So, I'm pretty sure I need to red bushing.
I took the spiral out of the rod. It measure 31'' in total which is 2'' longer than the rod. The screw hole consumes 1/2'' of the rod length which is why the extention extends 2 1/2'' from the end of the rod. I don't have a bushing to measure, but I'm guessing they bushing is 1/2'' in length which would equate to the spiral extending past the bushing 2''.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great, thank you. Just to put your mind at ease, I fully extended the spiral and the total length, with tube, is 59-3/4". I think you will be fine with a custom S300-29 red tip with a 15-073 shoe. All I need to know now is how many you need and I can send you a custom order form and price quote.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)