SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Champion window balance

A home owner from USA says:
I have attached a photo of the balance for a 17 yr old champion window. The clip part keeps falling off the windows. Any improvement on replacements would be appreciated. Its a 29in. 3/8 tube
User submitted a photo of a spiral window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. This balance will have to be specially made, as it has a unique clip at the end. Check out this custom spiral balance request form that I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
A home owner from USA Houston says:
Hi Thank you for the new spiral balancers. Once installed they work fine. I am having a problem installing them with that shoe attached. The shoe won't fit into the top of the window because of some type of a half moon channel for the tube to fit in. So, I have to slide it in from the bottom which is incredibly difficult to do by myself. Is there a way that the foot can be attached after the tube is dropped down? Or is there another type of fastener that attaches after. I saw some videos where a fastener is attached and then screwed into the frame bottom after. Thanks for the help. I've attached 2 pictures.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter, Kathy. I'm not sure what the problem could be, to be honest. I hate to come back with a question for you, but if both balances are removed, will the sash come out? That would help me with the answer. I have a hunch, I just need you to confirm.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)