SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Champion window balance parts

A home owner from Cypress, Texas says:
Hello,

I need to replace the window balances on my Champion window which is a single hung non-tilting type that is about 14 years old. The tube is 3/8" x 29" and appears to be a black tip (kinda dirty). The window weighs approximately 20lbs. The sash carrier bracket looks identical to the 15-073 that you have on your site.

I need two balances for the window in a hurry (I'm closing on my house sale on June 10th). Can you please help? I think I need a charging tool as well but I'm not sure which one. Are there any other parts I need to assemble the balance properly?

I live in Cypress, Texas. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Randy
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Randy. It sounds like you'll need a custom made Series 306 with a 15-073 attachment. Can you just confirm the length of the inside spiral? That will let us know for sure if the Series 306 is what you need.
A quick learner from Cypress, Texas says:
Tom,

Thanks for the response. The spiral length is 31"

Best regards,
Randy
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Perfect, thank you. As I suspected, that would be our S306-29. We just need to swap the shoe out. I have emailed you a custom balance order form, which includes a price quote. You can use that to place your order. Let me know if you have any questions!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)