SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Champion window balance replacaement

A home owner from San Antonio, TX says:
I also have Champion windows with the same issue as the person from Friendswood. I ordered a couple of balances from a distributor but they don't have clips. I have 29 x 3/8" tube with approx 25 lb window. That 15-073 clip is what appears to be in the original but are now breaking through the house. If I order the S306-29 balances will the clips come installed or do I need to install the rivet? I would love to start with two for one window and then order more after success.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hello! We can install the 15-073 clip for you in a custom order, if you wish. That shouldn't be an issue at all, it's a very common request. I just need to know how many balances you need and I can send you a custom order form with a price quote.
A home owner from San Antonio, TX says:
Thanks for the response. I will need 20 to replace on 10 windows.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks. I've emailed you a custom order link with a price quote. Also, based on your sash weight, I think it's best to go with the Green Tip option.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)