SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Champion window spiral balances

A home owner from USA says:
Hello, My crappy builder's grade Champion window spiral balances became untensioned I wanted to verify I am buying the proper replacements. After measuring I have 3/8 29" balances however I don't have a colored tip on the top or any style of clamping mechanism listed on your website. I believe the closest ones are the 306 Series(red tip) as mine are similar to that but it's more of a fork than a plated black clip. Could someone please get back in touch with me an confirm?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sounds like you have a clip at the end that's similar to our 15-073. Can you confirm? I also think you would need a Red Tip. Two S306-29 balances (regardless of clip) with Red Tips can carry a window sash weight of 10 through 22 pounds.

If you agree with my assessment, check out this custom spiral balance request form that I've started for you based on your specifications and fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you shortly thereafter with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)