SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Champion window with broken shoe

A quick learner from New York says:
Hi! So glad to have found this site. I ordered a spiral balance charging tool from you, but after it arrived I discovered that the shoe at the bottom of the balance was completely destroyed. I managed to pull it out of its slot at the bottom of the jamb so I could take a picture of it. It measures approx 2 x 1.25 x .75 inches. The sash locks are embossed 'Champion', so I'm assuming these are Champion windows. They are aluminum replacement double hungs in a tenement building in NYC. Any chance you can identify this shoe?
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Can you confirm the thickness? .75" is very thick for a pivot shoe.

That said, I think Champion uses our 15-047 with this kind of spiral balance. Double check all your shoe dimensions and see if this might be a match.
A quick learner from New York says:
Paul,

Many thanks. I took a chance on the 15-047 last week, and it fits perfectly. I must have mis-measured the broken one.

I can't stress how much I appreciate the existence of this website. It's amazing to me that people here in NYC live with barely functioning windows for years, just for the lack of a couple of parts! Thanks to Swisco, I'm systematically tuning up all the windows in my apartment - with great results so far!

Best,
Jim
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great news! Thanks for the kind words, Jim. I'm just happy we were able to get your windows working again.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)