SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel Balance 30 inch excluding plastic ends by 1/2 wide.

A home owner from GA says:
Please confirm channel balance parts for 30 inch long by 1/2 inch wide excluding plastic ends. The part has stamp 29-9 AA CMC 11. This is for Norandex window. Need for the right side. Also need a white sash which I believe is part 18-161 5/8 also for the right side of window . Note the left channel balance is also 30 inches long by 1/2 inch wide has part stamp 29-9 EX CMC 7 which works find but would like to replace at same time.

Can you confirm parts numbers for right, left channel balance and white sash

Happy Holidays
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Please note, these are non- tilt windows
Additional pictures of ends and width
Width
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005

As for the top sash guide, check out our 18-161 and see if this is a possible match.
Hey Tom,
Thanks for reply. And confirmed I need the 15-005 so I need the 380 series balance. Another question when ordering, if my sash weights 36 lbs and I will have 2 channel balance do I divide the 36 by 2 = 18 lbs and order the stamp 2930 not the 2965 correct?
Thanks for your help
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
No, you would not divide the weight in half. The options we have listed show weight assuming both balances will be supporting the sash.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)