Channel Balance

A home owner from Arizona says:
Please help identify. Stamped in the side is 27 5. BSI is stamped perpendicular to the number. Photo 2 should show the numbers as well.
The balance measures 27 5/8" long not including the plastic pieces.
The window only weighs 23 lbs.
Photo 5 shows the measurement of the other piece on the widow that needs to be replaced in black.

If a more standard length balance can be used I can work with that.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us! We can help with this balance, but it will need to be custom made. Before we start, though, I would like you to confirm the weight of your sash. You say it weighs 23 pounds, but your balance is stamped with "27 5," which tells us that it was made to support 25 through 28 pounds. Did you ever find this balance to be too strong? Is 27 5 correct, or should we adjust down?
A home owner from Arizona says:
yes it has always been difficult to close. Can a more standard size be used so a custom size doesn't need to be made?
My plan is to replace the balances on multiple windows (at least 4) unless it becomes too expensive. Your help will be greatly appreciated
Profile picture of Tom
I'm afraid no standard balance we have can work for this. This is a special setup that can really only be replaced by the same thing.

If you want to proceed, we can make these balances so that they support your 23 pound sash. I just need to know how many you'll need.
A quick learner from AZ says:
After opening and closing every window I believe I need to replace the balances on 7 windows, or 14 balences. Will also need the top sash guides. If there is a significant price break for ordering a few more then I can work with that too.
Thanks for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Great, thank you. I have emailed you a custom balance order form for this hardware. Keep an eye on y our inbox.
do you have a part number for the sash guide or was that part of the link for the 14 pcs?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
The top sash guide is sold separately. See if SWISCO product code 18-052 could be a good fit.
thank you for your help. I look forward to receiving my order.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.