SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel Balance

A handy person from Chinle, AZ says:
This balance came out of a Ply Gem Window. I can't find a vender that is able to identify this type of balancer. The window is able to tilt out if that is helpful
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks again for your patience. We will be able to custom make this balance for you. Thanks to your helpful pictures, we have all the information we require. Can you just tell me how many balances you need? Keep in mind there is a minimum purchase quantity of 2.
Thank for your time in the research. I wanted to know if I can get a quote for 24in balancers in the amount of 50 balancers
Profile picture of Tom
Sure, that shouldn't be a problem. Can you confirm the length of the metal channel, though? Based on your stamp, it should be 25-5/8", not 24".
We have two sizes, the 25-5/8 and now the new 24 in balancers.
Profile picture of Tom
Okay, so these 24" balances are something different? Balances in the style of your pictures above all end on 5/8", so if these new balances are 24" long, even, then you may have something else. If these are a different style, we will need to see similar pictures so that we can identify them.

In the meantime, I will send you an order link for 50 of the original 25-5/8" long balances.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)