Channel Balance 30HD

A quick learner from Pipersville PA says:
Wooden window, to tilt, you have to press in on both sides and yank. The balance says 30HD with inside string, flat surface and is 3/8" wide. The 750 series looks wider than what I need.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I can't be sure what you have, unfortunately. The stamp only tells us how strong the spring is, it is not a product code of any kind. Can you show me pictures of your hardware so that we can find the best match?
Here are two pictures.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Well, we're getting closer. I can see that you have a ribbed channel balance, but I'm afraid that's about it. In order to identify the proper replacement, we need to see what's at the bottom of the metal channel. You will need to remove your balance from the window either way, or at the very least remove the sash. I wish there was an easier way for you to find a match, but that's just how they're designed.

In the meantime, I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
I removed the bottom sash and took pictures.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you! I'm reminded instantly of our Series 751 channel balance, however I note a few things that may be worth considering before you order this part. Firstly, the Series 751 comes with the 15-014 shoe pre-attached, however there are some subtle differences in your shoe that makes me think that the 15-014 will be incompatible. It's tough to say, though, since many of these details are obscured. You may want to remove your balance from the window to be sure that your shoe is the same.

Assuming your shoe is different, the Series 751 is still the way to go, I think, however it would have to be custom made. What this means is that we'd swap the default 15-014 shoe out for something closer, right here in the warehouse, before we ship it out to you. It's a fairly simple process and it won't affect anything on your end, aside from peace of mind that you'll get the right part.

Let me know how you wish to proceed! If you want more insight on the Series 751 and how it works, watch our video below.
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.