SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel Balance, I think?

A quick learner from Montreal says:
I've been trying to get my windows replaced for three months here in Canada... While I've had luck finding someone to re-install the glass, nobody seems to have the channel balance I've attached in this email.

It's 1/2" x 39" and I'm just not sure if I could replace this sash with any of those on your website that fit the same description. I've read some articles about the parts number indicating the load that the channel balance can take...

Any advice here would be fantastic.

Thank you so much for having such a helpful website. Great tutorials.

Best
Jack
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Jack. We may be able to help, yes. However, your image only shoes the bottom shoe and stamp of the balance. I do not see the top attachment, so I cannot tell you what Series this is.

Check out our Selection of 1/2" Wide Non-Tilt Window Channel Balances and carefully compare the nylon attachments installed on your balance to each of the Series found under that section. Do any of these match?

Also, be sure to see our video on how to install this kind of balance.
A quick learner from Montreal says:
Hey Tom --

Thanks a bunch for your response. Here's a snap of the top... I think it's this one:
http://www.swisco.com/cl/Series-390-Channel-Balances

It definitely has the 19-002 attached.

Thanks again for your help!

Best,
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! I agree, that looks like the 19-002. Assuming your shoe is the 15-001, and not the 15-002, then I think the Series 390 is a great choice.
A quick learner says:
It appears that I do have the 15-002 as a shoe.

Do you have any recommendations for which balance it is?

Thanks
Jack
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If the shoe is the 15-002, then you should look at our Series 351 instead.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)