SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel Balance ID

A quick learner from Seabrook, TX says:
Hi,

Please take a look at the three pictures I posted. It looks like the closest I could find is the Series 795 (27D) however the top attachment is different. I looked behind the balance device and it appears the string shown in the pictures is fed into the double pulley assembly at the top of the device. For the bottom, the Series 795 is different but looks like it would fit into my channel.

Please let me know if the Series 795 would work and how I would attach to the string.

Also, any advice on how to remove the existing bottom piece in the channel? It slides up and down in the channel but is so large that tilting it will not allow it to be removed.

User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter. Just letting you know we're still researching this. We have a promising lead, but before we can pursue it further we need a bit more information. We will need to know the width of both your shoe and your carrier. Once we have that we can work from there.
A quick learner says:
The shoe is still in the window so I did my best to measure - - The shoe appears to be 1-3/8" wide. The channel (carrier?) which it rides in is 1-7/16" wide. The long 27" metal piece is 1/2" wide. Please let me know if you need more info.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Perfect, thanks. That should be all. Can you just tell me how many you need? Once I have that we'll shoot a custom product over to you that you can add to your cart.
A quick learner says:
I just need enough for one window at this point - - 2 devices. I have a whole house full of this same window so may need some in the future.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Great. I'll shoot you over a custom product link, which you can add to your cart. Keep in mind the balance we will be making for you will look a little different, but the function is the same.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)