SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel Balance Identification

A home owner from California says:
Stamped: 14 2 HW CMC 7
Metal part measures 15 inches
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, and thanks for posting. We need to figure out exactly what your bottom shoe is on your existing window balance. Check out our 15-001 and 15-002 and tell me which is a closer match.
Comparison of <a href='http://www.swisco.com/Channel-Balance-Shoe/pd/Replacement-Sash-Support-Channel-Balance-Shoes/15-001'>15-001</a> & 15-002
A quick learner from CA says:
Thanks for the reply. However, my bottom does not look like either one. Sorry. See attached image.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Are you sure? That looks just like our shoes. How does it differ? If I had to eyeball it, I would guess that it's closer to our 15-001, but I cannot say for sure.
A quick learner from California says:
You are correct. It does appear to be a 15-001. I did not have the right perspective when looking at it before.

R
Profile picture of Tom
Great! Check out S395-15 with the 1420 option. This balance should be a perfect fit. Let me know if you have any questions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)