SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel Balance Mystery

A quick learner says:
Hi,

I'm in need of at least eight new channel balances to repair four windows. The windows were OEM'ed by Viking. The channel marking stamp is 26DS 35. It is a block and tackle pulley system and the rail is 27 inches long with a width of 5/8" or so.

The tips are not fully known, but one seems to be the 15-002 tip in terms of the way it looks and the measurements. The other one I can't tell, but it is shown in the picture.

Weight wise, I don't know the load amount. I need to take a scale with me next time. It seems like the sash is at least 25 lbs, but that is guess. I thought this might be associated with the 35 in the 25DS 35 part number implying a 35 lbs load.

At any rate, do you pretty much know what I need from this overview?

Thank you.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
It looks more like you have our 19-005 top and 15-001 bottom, which would make this our Series 395 channel balance. Carefully compare our measurements to yours to confirm. I highly recommend weighing your sash on a scale to determine the proper sash weight.
A quick learner says:
Hi,

I'm not near the window and I dont have the weight of the sash, It is heavy 20 - 30 lbs Im etimating

Does this help?

Dave
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm afraid not. These are delicate systems and it's important that you only get the option that matches your weight. We have a chart on the S395-27 store page you can use as reference when you are able to weigh the sash.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)