SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel Balance Option

A home owner from Hollis NH says:
I have Rivco wooden double hung windows. The channel balance is stamped "m 24". What would be the proper channel balance option for replacement. I believe I need Channel Balance S795-24; but which option?

Thank you!
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Can you confirm that you have our Series 795 channel balance? In my experience, Rivco liked to use our Series 750 instead. If you want, please take a few pictures of your hardware so that we can recommend the best match. Please also tell me what the weight of the sash is so that we can recommend the best spring strength option.
A home owner from Hollis NH says:
You are correct. Series 750 is what I need. 750-24. But what option? pics are attached. weight of the sash is ~17 lbs. The marking on the balance is "m 24".
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If your sash weighs 17 pounds I would recommend our 23R option. Two S750-24 balances with a 23R stamp option can hold a sash weight of 10 through 18 pounds.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)