Channel Balance Questions

A handy person from Utah says:
Hi,

I'm trying to purchase a couple of channel balances for my non-tilt Milgard window. Here's a couple of question:

1) My channel measures 19 5/8 " - so do I choose a 19" or a 20" channel?

2) It has a 19 2 marking on it. Not sure what that means.

3) Any ideas how to figure out the stamp?

Thanks,

Rus
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Russ. Just to confirm, are you just measuring the metal channel when determining length? Do not include the nylon attachments in your measurement. If it still measures 19-5/8", could I see a few pictures of those nylon attachments? You may need a specially made balance, and seeing them will help me confirm.

Let's start with that for now. If your balance is what I think it may be, then it will render the second two questions moot. Either way, once I get pictures we can work from there.
A quick learner from Utah says:
Thanks Tom.

I've attached a couple of pictures. I remeasured the metal channel just to make sure and it reads 19-5/8 (no nylon attachments included).

Hopefully the pictures will help.

Thanks,
Rus
A customer submitted image of their channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Perfect! I thought you might have a balance like this. It will have to be specially made. Please give me a little time to look into this for you and I will let you know as soon as I have more information. Thank you!
A quick learner from Utah says:
Any luck?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hey Rus,
Yes! Thanks for waiting, I will email you a custom balance ordering link shortly.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.