Channel Balance Replacement

A contractor from Cocoa Beach, Florida says:
I pulled 6 channel balances out of 3 windows. Four of them are numbered 2240Z and two are numbered 2240. The 2240Z's appear to be newer. The 2240 and 2240Z were mixed together in 2 windows so my best guess is that the 2240's are old and that the 2240Z's were used as replacements sometime in the past (based on the age of the parts). They are in non-tilt windows. They are 23 inch.

The only difference that I can see between the 2240 and 2240Z is in the lower fitting (see photos). The 2240Z seems to come to more of a point. I looked at your guide and wasn't sure which channel balance to order series 351 or series 390) or if I needed a special order since neither of the bottom fittings seem to be exactly identical. Thanks for the help.

PS The 2240Z is in the foreground of the photos and the 2240 is in the background.
A customer submitted photo of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Before I can suggest an applicable replacement for your balance, I'll need your help in identifying the appropriate bottom shoe to use. Please look at our 15-001 and 15-002 and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-1/8" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely resembles your own shoe? This will help us determine your balance Series, and we can work from there!
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for clarifying! I would recommend that you take another look at our Series 390 channel balance. It sounds like your shoes on both balances are our 15-001. For both balances, you would ant to choose the 2240 stamp option.
A handy person from Cocoa Beach, FL says:
The shoes on the 2240Z are 1 1/8" like the 15-001. The shoes on the 2240 are 1 1/16" which may be due to wear since they appear to be older and worn.
A contractor from Cocoa Beach, Fl says:
Thanks for the help. None of these windows had take out clips installed. How can I tell which take out clips to order?
Profile picture of Paul
The Series 390 channel balance uses the 16-002 take out clip. Does that look like it would work in the vacant holes left by your old clips?
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.