SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Kinko window channel balance replacement

A quick learner from Jacksonville, Florida says:
Looking for channel balance replacement parts for a Kinko window.Could not find replacement part on your website. Do you carry the following item.

Non Tilt window
1/2 inch wide
30 inches long
stamp 29-6 LX CMC 11
A customer submitted image of channel balance attachments.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Before I can offer an applicable replacement for this channel balance, I just need to know a bit more information about the bottom attachment. Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely matches your own bottom attachment?

As for your top sash guide, I recommend that you take a look at our 18-166. Does this look like a match? Make sure to compare its dimensions to your own hardware.
The 15-005 shoe matches more closely at 1-inch. Agreed that 18-166 is a close match for the top sash guide.
Profile picture of Tom
Thank you. Please take a look at our S380-30 channel balance. Does that look about right? I also recommend our 2960 stamp option, based on your images. This can support a window sash weight range of 32 through 35 pounds. Does your sash's weight fall within that range?

Please keep in mind that the weight range information is based on 2 balances per sash. Balances are designed assuming friction in the jamb weather-strip will carry a portion of the sash weight. Suggested sash weights are approximate.
The S380-30 looks accurate. However it would seem to me that the 2960 option would more accurate as this is what was stamped on the original balance. A long as it comes with the correct shoe and top piece. What do you suggest.
Profile picture of Tom
I agree; the 2960 stamp would be best. Like I said, it can support a window sash weight range of 32 through 35 pounds. You should double check your window sash weight just in case.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)