SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Channel Balance Replacement

A handy person from Georgia says:
Hello
I need to get the correct part number for my channel balance. The length of the channel is 29", width 1/2". It appears that S380-39 might be correct but the width of the shoe is a little bit shorter than the 1" marked in your photo and I am not sure of the extra code I need. I have included photos and the printed code (28 3 CN CALDWELL).
Thanks
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I agree, I think our S390-29 is the closest match. The 15-005 shoe is the most shallow option that we have at 1". I think it may still fit in your window, but you might have to shave a bit off for it to be comfortable.
Thanks for the confirmation. Just to be sure, the four digit weight code I need will be 2830?
Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
That's what I would recommend, yes, but you might want to weigh your sash and makes sure it matches, just in case.
Just wanted to say Thanks!
The new channel balances arrived today and the replacement was quick (like two minutes)and easy. The window is working better than before - now I know why it was squeaking so badly - the channel balance was failing.
Anyway, thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Great! I'm glad these balances were a good fit. Let me know if you have any other questions and I would be happy to help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)